Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A legend

Hi Folks.
Here is a second band but in this case it is more a single person. I want to present you today a legend in my opinion. Maybe you know him already.
I speak about Ronnie James Dio. He died in 2010 because of smoach cancer.

http://www.metal4bremen.de/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Dio.jpg


He was the greatest heavy metal vocalist and songwriter. He was a member of "Black Sabbath" but later he formed a own band with his lastname "Dio". They played classic hevy metal and theire lyricals were about heroic fantasy, metaphors, human issues.



These are two classic songs of him. The first one is from the first studio album of Dio "Holy Diver" from 1983 and the second from the album "The Last in Line" from 1984. I think in this time he made the best music. Old school heavy metal.


Unfortunately I have never seen him live. Did you by any chance?


Greeting

14 comments:

  1. Legend indeed :( No I haven't, many of my friend have tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good music, RIP. ive never even been to a concert lol.

    ectomorphmuscle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. He established what's called heavy metal vocal style as we see today. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Dio was a better vocalist than Ozzy in a long run! RIP :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello~! dang the world lost a great musician. I have never heart him alive neither.

    I have followed your blog.
    Could you follow mine too please at:
    SkyBlueTrading Blog

    I currently have a competition of stock price guessing where I will give the winners $50.00 for winning the competition. Check it out!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, haven't seen him live. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  7. never saw him live, but good stuff, a real legend, may he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dio was awsome! R.I.P

    http://theroflguy.blogspot.com/
    http://www.mmo-exploits.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never saw him live either; wish I had!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dio is one of the greats. We've lost a good one. :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dio was amazing! I was going to see him live, but the concert was cancelled because of the cancer. Quite upset that I was so close to getting to see such a legend, but was not able to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not really into this kind of music, but I like these tracks :)

    Following.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews